Today’s recipe is shared by my sister, Laarnie.
Hi, I am Laarnie and today I will show you how to make your own Udon (Kakejiru). To make this simple Kakejiru Udon, you will need for the toppings:
200g pork/beef (bacon-like cut)
1 medium size onion (if you prefer onion than scallions for topping)
Scallions (small cuts for topping, as prefered)
Tempura or Ebi fry
- Saute the meat in a non-stick pan and add Mirin, Mentsuyu and Ginger juice.
- Bring to boil and add onion.
- Simmer until the broth has reduced.
For the soup:
1 liter water
Soy sauce 20cc
Togarashi (as preferred)
- Bring 1 liter of water to boil with Hondashi.
- Take out the Hondashi and add Mirin, Mentsuyu, Soy sauce.
- Add the Udon noodles and bring to boil.
- Put some Udon noodles in a bowl and add enough soup.
- Put some of the sautéed meat for topping and add Ebi fry.
- And Nori, Scallions and some Togarashi as preferred.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe and don’t forget to check out more of our recipes!
This recipe was first seen in my sewing blog, To Sew With Love.