I remember always craving for this when I was pregnant with my youngest. It’s very easy and quick to make. If you are not a fan of garlic, you can always use bottled mayonnaise instead. It’s great eaten alone or with fried chips, green salad or pickled olives and gherkins on the side.
You will need:
Pork loin slices
Serrano Ham (or Parma Ham, Bacon, etc.) – optional
salt and pepper to taste (I love to use pepper potpourri for this: mixed red, black, green and white pepper)
1. Cut the french baguette in half. Set aside.
2. Heat a pan and drizzle some olive oil. Meanwhile, season the meat slices with freshly ground pepper. If you will be adding serrano, parma ham or bacon to your sandwich, add very small amount of salt to the meat. Roast in the pan just until each side turns lightly brown. Do not over cook. We don’t want the meat to get dry and tough. Pan fry the serrano ham (or bacon, if you prefer)
3. In a plastic tumbler, process the minced garlic, chopped parsley and olive oil with a bit of salt using turbo mixer until it is finely processed and you get a delicious parsley allioli.
4. To assemble your sandwich, place first the tomato on top of the other half of baguette. Top that with the pan-fried ham/bacon, meat, drizzle with allioli then the other half of the baguette.
5. Serve with your chosen side dish. Enjoy with your favorite drink.