My family loves pasta and their most favorite sauce to go with it is the Bolognese sauce. But when I serve the pasta with always the same sauce, they (especially the kids) get tired of it. So, I came up with the Cream Cheese No-Eggs Carbonara which the kids really love. I still had half of a pack of fettuccine in my pantry and a pack of frozen mushrooms and fungi in my freezer. I came up with this quick and easy to make pasta dish which my family really loved! In the photo you see below, I served the pasta with Turkey Breast a la Teriyaki. You can get the recipe for this here.
You will need:
Fettuccine (any pasta you have on hand will do)
mushrooms and fungi (fresh or frozen)
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 small onion, finely minced
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup sherry brandy (Brandy de Jerez)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 dried laurel leaf
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a skillet and drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. When the oil is already hot, sauté the onion until transparent then add the garlic. Add the laurel leaf and the mushrooms and/or fungi. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
5. When the broth has reduced, pour in the sherry brandy and flambé.
6. Toss in the pasta. Serve with meat or salad.
- Pasta Recipes Made Healthy (everydayhealth.com)
- Semi-Homemade (a.k.a LAZY) Fettuccine Alfredo (kansaspokerwife.com)
- Sauteed Shrimp with Clam Sauce over Fettuccine (nubbs75.wordpress.com)
- Pasta, take two: herbed fettuccine (mecookyummyoneday.wordpress.com)
- Fettuccine with Roman ragù (monfoodblog.com)
- Pumpkin Sage Fettuccine Alfredo (vegpocalypsenow.wordpress.com)