Infused with some asian flavor, this recipe is very versatile. You can serve it with rice with buttered or steamed vegetables as side dish. If you have some left-overs, you can serve it on top of some cooked pasta. You can also make some fresh spring rolls with the left-overs! Aside from chicken, you can also use other meat practically whichever you have in your fridge! You can use this recipe with beef, pork, turkey, ostrich meat, etc.
This recipe typically serves 4-5 persons. You will need:
400 grams chicken breast, sliced in 2 inches strips
salt to taste
pepper potpourri to taste
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/4 teaspoon powdered garlic
2 tablespoons of teriyaki marinade sauce
1 tablespoon of honey
1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil
1. Season the meat pieces with salt, pepper, garlic and ginger powder.
2. Add in the teriyaki sauce, honey and sesame oil. Let it sit in your fridge for 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat a grilling pan and drizzle some olive oil just to prevent the meat from sticking to the pan.
4. Pan grill the meat pieces until golden brown in medium-low heat. Don’t waste the marinade. Add it in while you’re pan-grilling the meat pieces.
5. Don’t overcook lest the meat pieces will turn hard. We want the meat pieces golden brown outside but juicy inside and finger licking good outside.
6. Serve warm with aromatic rice and buttered or steamed vegetables.
- Making grilled teriyaki burgers with Dole sliced pineapples (behindthestudio.com)
- Chicken Teriyaki (yestersdinner.wordpress.com)
- Teriyaki Beef Skewers (homecookinmommy.wordpress.com)
- Teriyaki Chicken Burgers (theepochtimes.com)
- Marinating Meat for Barbecue Treats (circleoffood.com)
- Teriyaki chicken wraps! (liftingwithlydi.wordpress.com)