Today, I made a total of 7 dozens of cupcakes so my kids can share it with their classmates and teachers. I also made a total of 9 dozens of cookies for the fundraising activity in their school later that day. I ended up exhausted but happy that I finished everything before dinner time. ; ) This year, I made Pureed Fruit Cupcake with Cotton Candy Frosting. I used the peach-banana-orange puree, the bottled baby food kind. For the frosting, I used my trusted buttercream frosting recipe but I added (real) cotton candy. I forgot to take a photo of the step where I added the cotton candy to the frosting because while two dozens of cupcakes where baking in the oven, I was making the frosting (while making sure the cupcakes don’t over bake).
Ingredients: (yields 2 dozens of cupcakes, mold filled 2/3 full)
250 grams cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
150 grams granulated sugar
4 large eggs (room temperature)
1 cup vegetable oil
250 grams pureed fruit (bottled)
2 tsps vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven at 175 degrees C.
2. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a different bowl, beat the eggs and sugar for 3 minutes until frothy and creamy. Add the vanilla and pureed fruit. Beat until creamy. Add the oil and mix just until well incorporated.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl before each addition.
5. Line the muffin tray with cupcake liner. Fill the liner up to 2/3 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes (might vary depending on your oven). Check if the cupcakes are done by inserting a toothpick in the center of a cupcake.
6. Make the buttercream frosting. Frost the cupcakes and enjoy!
Free Printables I used for the cupcake toppers: